Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeShone Kizer returns from benching that 'sparked my competitive juices'

DeShone Kizer returns from benching that 'sparked my competitive juices'
    DeShone Kizer's benching lasted about as long as a toddler time-out in preschool, but it lit a fire under him just the
    same.
    "It definitely sparked my competitive juices,'' Kizer said Wednesday after being reinstated as the starter for Sunday's
    game against the Titans. "It was definitely important for me throughout the week to make sure that I'm doing extra. In this
    league,Authentic Corey Peters Jersey, you gotta talk less and do more. We gotta make sure we're out there grinding the way we should be."
    Kizer didn't let the benching shake his confidence.
    "I stayed on my same path and I trusted the process and I knew there was going to be another opportunity for me to
    potentially play this year. Obviously it came sooner than most expected,womens Corey Peters Jersey,'' he said.
    Kizer would've stayed on the bench for three games until the bye week,womens Frostee Rucker Jersey,Ideally,Authentic Dontari Poe Jersey, but Kevin Hogan threw three first-half
    struggling quarterback,Authentic Wes Schweitzer Jersey,interceptions during Sunday's 33-17 loss to the Texans. If Jackson's going to play a young, it
    might as well be the leading candidate for longterm starter.
    Hogan is also struggling with a rib injury, and will be inactive while Cody Kessler serves as the backup.
    "I didn't know how long it was going to take (for Kizer to return). I just know (Kizer) was going to play again. ... He's
    playing this week and I'm looking forward to watching him play.''
    Jackson will likely try to ride it out with Kizer as long as he can. The Browns need to know if he can be their man before
    they head into the QB-rich 2018 draft.
    "I'm not going to say the rest of the season, but I know he's the guy right now,'' said Jackson. "I hope he is. I hope
    there are no more times we have to take him out and let him reset himself.''
    Jackson has no regrets.,Still
    "We're talking about a young quarterback who's 21 years old, whose learning the National Football League,womens Jermaine Gresham Jersey," said Jackson. "I
    thought it was the right thing to do. ... I think we'll be better for it and I think he'll be better for it and hopefully
    we'll see the growth."womens Alex Mack Jersey,
    including his nine interceptions -- four in the red zone -- to help him
    ,Jackson put all of Kizer's mistakes on a DVDwomens Wes Schweitzer Jersey,

correct his mistakes.womens Dontari Poe Jersey,
    "I remember the conversation we had in my office about it and then watching him be so into it on the sideline this past
    '' said Jackson. "He was able to see where I was coming from.'',Authentic Frostee Rucker Jersey,week
    Trying to carry the NFL's youngest team is a tall order for a rookie quarterback who started only two seasons at Notre
    Dame. Trying to turn around a 1-21 team is an enormous burden.
    "That's why in my opinion,Authentic Derrick Shelby Jersey, it's the greatest job on earth and it's also the most difficult job on earth,womens Derrick Shelby Jersey,'' said Kizer.
    "This opportunity right now in front of me is the best opportunity you can possibly have. To walk into a team who just won,Authentic Jermaine Gresham Jersey,
    you'd be able to learn in a different way. But for
    ,the Super Bowl and undefeated would be a completely different situationAuthentic Alex Mack Jersey

me,Authentic Grady Jarrett Jersey, this is the best opportunity for me to learn about myself,womens Grady Jarrett Jersey, learn about my teammates and what it takes to win in this
    game."