Brett Hundley-Jordy Nelson combo not clicking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brett Hundley-Jordy Nelson combo not clicking

This is Jordy Nelson with Aaron Rodgers as his quarterback for 5? games: 20 catches for 240 yards and six touchdowns. This is Nelson with Brett Hundley as his quarterback for 4? games: 15 catches for 142 yards and no touchdowns.Authentic Antoine Bethea Jersey,
    Nelson's numbers have plummeted. Hundley's only two touchdowns in his five games both went to Adams.,While Davante Adams has enjoyed some degree of success since Rodgers broke his collarbone early in the Green Bay Packers' Week 6 game at the Minnesota Vikings
    a total that reached 65 this season.,Authentic A.Q. Shipley Jersey,No one connected better with Rodgers than Nelson. The two own the franchise record for most touchdowns between a single quarterback and receiver
    Nelson couldn't pinpoint why he hasn't developed the same bond with Hundley.womens A.Q. Shipley Jersey,
    and I think you see that with any quarterback in connection with the receiver. If you're able to make some big plays for him,"I don't know, you feel more and more comfortable with it.," he said this week. "Probably different things. Brett feeling comfortable with Davante and being able to hit a couple big plays for him. You see thatwomens J. J. Nelson Jersey,
    but it's just sometimes that's the way the games play out sometimes.","I don't think I've changed anything. I'm not going to change anything. I think the execution's been there. It's just sometimes the way it goes as a receiver. The quarterback feels comfortable with certain guys or whatever it is. I'm not saying he doesn't feel comfortable with me
    Don't expect Nelson to make any demands of Hundley or of coach Mike McCarthy to make him the primary read on more of the play calls. That's not Nelson's style.
    his progression,"I'm not worried about it," Nelson said. "I don't think he is or I don't want him to feel like he needs to try to get me the ball or anything. He just needs to continue doing what he's doing, go through his read,Authentic Mike Iupati Jersey, and we'll be able to execute.",Authentic Justin Bethel Jersey, do what the coaches are teaching him to do
    Nelson will turn 33 this offseason but his age didn't seem to impact his production when Rodgers was healthy. After catching 97 passes and 14 touchdowns last season, he's on pace for 62 catches and nine scores this year.Authentic Andy Lee Jersey,
    "I've never put my game or how I play on my stats,womens Phil Dawson Jersey, if they're coaching me up and I need to improve those things and continue to grow in the others. You want to be a part of it more but you have no control over it. Again," Nelson said. "I've never set goals to get so many yards because I know,Authentic Matt Wile Jersey, you can only control so much. That's what I'm worried about is what I can control and that's how I'm running my routes, what the coaches are seeing,Authentic Evan Boehm Jersey,I don't want to sit here and say he needs to throw me the ball because that's definitely not the case. I'm going to do my job, how I'm doing my assignments, in our position as receivers, they're going to do theirs. If we continue to do that and be more consistent in everyone doing that, we'll be successful."
    the No. 1s get more reps with Rodgers than the backups,One explanation for Adams' connection with Hundley is the two had practiced together more when both were backups early in their tenure. Typically, and Adams had been No. 3 on the receiver depth chart until last season.Authentic J. J. Nelson Jersey,
    McCarthy has made it clear on several occasions since the loss to the Baltimore Ravens that the Packers' offensive "time clock" needs work. Solving that could help Nelson get back on track.womens Justin Bethel Jersey,"
    "Well,womens Mike Iupati Jersey, McCarthy said. "You're always trying to get the timing down,Authentic Phil Dawson Jersey,that's what preparation is, really that's what you practice for,womens Andy Lee Jersey,there's always specific adjustments to certain routes based on who you're playing,womens Antoine Bethea Jersey,how they play. It's no different this week. There's definitely different coverage tendencies from Pittsburgh we haven't seen in a number of weeks. As you go through the situations of how they play; that's why we're going to practice today and practice again tomorrow and keep working the fine details of the route-running and the ball placement and just make sure we've got the time clock between the quarterback and receivers where it needs to be."womens Evan Boehm Jersey,